Get Ready for a Passion-Driven Conversation!
What happens when a small group of passionate people get together to talk about what they feel most passionate about? If you believe Margaret Mead, they can change the world!
Well, hang on, becuase we are getting ready to do some world-changin’ or at the very least, conversation-changin’. I have spent the last year researching, writing, and speaking about the importance of passion in our work and in the world.
No one disagrees with the premise or that passion is a factor in both individual and organizational success. We just have a lot of questions about it.
- What is passion…really?
- How do you define passion?
- How could/does passion change the game?
- How does passion present itself in your work? life? organization?
- What does it mean for you? our students? your community? clients? the world?
- Can passion be “taught”?
- How is passion different than engagement?
- What conditions are necessary for passion to exist?
- Is passion a necessary or a “nice to have” quality?
- What are the repercussions of being a “passion-less” person or organization?
- Can we quantify passion? If so, how?
- What is misunderstood about passion?
- What can we do to change this? move the conversation forward?
These are questions that need to be approached and explored from many angles, so I have invited a diverse group of genius minds to the table. We have award winning educators, bloggers, college professors, children’s book writers, scientists, small business owners, leaders from the education and corporate world, social media gurus and consultants, three New York Times best selling authors, parents, and of course, students!
The conversation will be grand, and I can hardly wait to hear all your perspectives.